Zero Pest Control provides Rodent and Insect Control Services to Companies and Households in Ireland
Our personnel combat all the common infestations that constitute both nuisance and health hazard – infestations that can crop up just about any place and any time. Mostly it’s rats and mice and common insect pests like ants and flies, but we’re always ready to tackle the alien and exotic too!
Whether you are running a factory, restaurant, a school, a hotel or a home, we understand that your pest problems are important and urgent. Zero Pest Control provides a rapid and targeted response. We also offer ongoing pest pest-prevention regimes wherever our commercial and other customers need assured pest-free environments.
We specialise in:
Flies & Insects
We are experienced in serving the following sectors:
- Avoid toxins – Wherever possible we employ toxin-free solutions to pest problems. Where this is not feasible we minimise use of biocides.
- Reduce materials and energy consumption – we do this by minimising use of consumables including rodenticides and insecticides but also fuel in our vehicles by operating efficiently. Obviously this makes both economic and environmental sense. There are health benefits too!
- Reuse materials if possible.
- Recycle materials like cardboard and plastic. (Although we sometimes wonder where this stuff ends up! Should Ireland be exporting its waste?)
- Avoid injury and harm to non-target & protected animals and plants. We also do bat surveys and provide relevant advice to home-owners to ensure compliance with the Wildlife Acts.
- Ensure happy clients – you too are part of the environment!
Pests & Health
Where appropriate, Zero Pest Control provides its clients with relevant pest-related health and safety information.
For example, some pest species are associated with infection and disease. Rats carry the pathogen that causes Weil’s Disease (Leptospirosis) which is occasionally fatal to humans, and cockroaches have been found to carry pathogens that cause tuberculosis, cholera, leprosy, dysentery, and typhoid, as well as over 40 other pathogenic bacteria (like salmonella) and viruses.
Remember, most insect species are relatively harmless and sometimes ‘casual intruders’ like ground beetles wander inadvertently into buildings – these issues are easily remedied. Occasionally insects in buildings play a positive role by serving as indicators of other and more serious problems eg: booklice my indicate high levels of relative humidity in a building and blowflies may reveal the presence of rodents or other intruders. So, distinguishing the good guys from the bad is necessary and that’s why correct insect I.D. is critical.
Contact us today to find out more about our pest control services.